11 Simple Yet Amazing Self Care Tips For Mums
As a mum we are often put under a lot of daily stress, because of this I believe its important to practice some self care tips for mums. Below you will find list of 11 simple yet amazing self care tips for mums.
1. Get Some Fresh Air and Take a Walk – if you have time in your day it’s good to get out of the house, staring at the same four walls all day can drive you nuts! If you’re at home with the little ones you can always put them in the pushchair and take them with you.
If you’re at work try and get out of the building on your lunch break and go for a walk and get some fresh air – it’s important to take a break from the office to .Added bonus the walk also covers your exercise for the day!
2. Make a List of Important Jobs for That Day – just focus on achieving a couple of these. If you can’t manage them all it’s OK add them tomorrows list. There’s always another day. If you’re anything like me the jobs that you class as ‘important’ aren’t really important and nothing bad is going to happen if you don’t do them.
3. Take a Bath or Shower – having a bath or shower if the perfect way to relax and get a little you time. If you can wait until someone else if around to watch the kids for you so you can have some peace (sometimes impossible I know). You could try removing the kids toys from the bath and get yourself a little candle instead – just to try and make it a bit more ‘grown-up’.
4. Learn To Say No – you can’t do everything for everybody all the time, it’s impossible. It’s so important for us mums to learn to say NO! Don’t forget you need to take care of yourself too, your needs matter just as much as the next persons. So say no and make some you time!
5. Ask For Help – asking for help does not make you a bad mum. We all need a break at some point otherwise we’d go stark raving bonkers! If your parents, friends or in-laws sometimes want to help you out with meals or household chores let them.
6. Read – this is a great way to relax. It gives you time to sit and rest and escape to your own little world. Sometimes it’s nice to just escape reality for a bit.
7. Listen To Music – listening to uplifting and inspirational music can really lift your spirits and help motivate you to be the best you. I recommend mixing this one with point 3 – taking a bath or shower – who doesn’t love a sing song in the shower?
8. Take 10 minutes For Yourself During The Day – go have a cup of tea, check your Facebook, grab yourself a snack, or simply sit and watch the world go by. It’s important to take time out of your day for yourself – just to stop, pause, reflect on what’s going on before going back into the crazy world of kids!
9. Have a Good Meal – when you’re busy with a family it’s easy to forget or not have time for simple things like a meal. Make time – even if it’s just a sandwich once the kids are in bed, it’s better than nothing. If you can try and have breakfast, lunch and tea. Also fruit for snacks is always a winner.
10. Write a Journal – writing down your thoughts and feelings can be really beneficial. I find it helps just to get it out of my head and on to paper. After I find my mind doesn’t feel so cluttered and often after reading back what I’ve wrote I realise it’s not so bad. Filling in a self care journal is also great for this and will help you keep focused on your self care.
11. Think Back On a Positive That Happened Today – it doesn’t have to be anything amazing or fancy. Some positives can be you put on makeup or didn’t lose your sanity watching kids programmes!
So there you have it my 11 simple yet amazing self care tips for mums. What amazing self care tips for mums do you have? I’d love to read your comments below.