20 Reasons Why Mums Are The Best
I am of course totally bias but mums are the best. In fact we are flipping amazing (even if I do say so myself!), it’s no easy task keeping another human alive!
A child’s demands change on a minute by minute basis and they always something going on – birthday parties, world book day, they need an Easter bonnet – yep it’s always something.
But as Mums we always manage to pull it off .. just about.
I believe the world would be a better place with Mums in charge.
We are wonderful super-human beings that always seem to manage everything.
Below are 20 reasons why mums are the best.
1. Mums Care About Someone Else More Than Themselves
Mums are totally self-less. They look after everyone else’s needs before their own.
However, once in a while don’t forget to do something nice back for your mum – a cup of tea would be great!
2. Mums Don’t Like To See Anyone Upset
If you’ve scrapped you knee or are being picked on by someone – your mum is always there to comfort you with cuddles and dry away those tears.
They’ll say everything will be OK and that they’ll always be there for you.
Which is so true – even when you’re fully grown mums are wonderful for looking after you and giving you reassurance.
3. Mums Don’t Like To See Someone Go Hungry
This is so true of all mums – we are always offering everyone endless amounts of food.
I do love it though when I go round my mums, she always make me some lunch and a cup of tea!
Its nice to be the mum that’s not making it for a change.
As mums we always have full cupboards in the kitchen ready and waiting for those magical words ‘mummy I’m hungry’ don’t worry kids we’ve got it covered.
4. Mums Are There When You Need Them Any Time Of The Day
It doesn’t matter if its midnight or 3.00am in the morning us mums are and always will be there for our children if they need us.
Mums are on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. There’s no time we are off duty and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
When I was suffering bad with postpartum depression I’d phone my mum at 2am, she would be straight round as I needed her, no questions asked.
5. Mums Always Make You Better When Your Poorly
Got a cold? Don’t worry we’ve got the medicine cabinet on standby! It’s not just the medicine though, its the hugs and kisses that work wonders too.
You’ve also got to hand it to a mums home remedy for a poorly coughs – who doesn’t love a bit of homemade honey and lemon drink.
6. Mums Can Multi-Task The Hell Out Of Everything
Yes we are super-organisers! Why? We have to be. We’ve got doctors and dentists to organise, there’s after school clubs and homework projects. Family outings, food shopping, bills.
That gig on the side you have called a full-time job. Yep Mum Organisation is a real thing!
7. Mums Know What You’re Thinking Before You Start Talking
This can be both good and bad from a child’s point of view, but for a mum its an amazing ability to have!
Don’t lie to us we’ll know it it’s written all over your face.
When you come over and say ‘Muuuuuuum’ we already know what you’re after we are mind readers.
8. Mums Want What’s Best For Everyone
We are always trying to do what’s best for everyone and trying to keep everyone happy.
Its not always easy and we have sometimes have to juggle a lot of plates.
This can be where that mum organisation comes into a world of its own.
9. Mums Have Endless Amounts Of Love
We have got plenty of love to give. We are always here for kisses and cuddles and just doing anything that can make life easier and happier for our families.
Making sure our children are well taken care of and loved is high priority on our list.
10. Mums Are Always Right
Its true mums are always right.
I’m not sure if this is a good thing from the kids point of view though! As kids we always disagree with our parents.
Inevitably though there comes a point when you sit there and think to yourself ‘shit my mum was right’.
This usually happens once you’ve become the mum!
The ultimate reason as to why mums are the best, is that they do all the above and more – no matter how old YOU are.
I’m in my 30’s but my Mum always makes me dinner when I go round, she’s always there when I need her and yes she is always right (don’t tell her I said that!)
I’ve also been busy asking my favourite mum bloggers for their reasons why mums are the best.
You can see their responses below and I love them all!
10 More Reasons Why Mums Are The Best : From Amazing Mum Bloggers
- Mums can make entire meals out of the three items left in the cupboard and fridge when nobody else can be bothered to go shopping. (From Lady Nym)
- Mums will always have cake, and if it’s their last piece they will let you have it. (From Rhyming With Wine)
- Mum’s always have a tissue in their pocket and wet wipes in their bag. (from Life At Number Eleven)
- Mums just get on with things and don’t need thanks or praise.. although some wouldn’t go a miss. (from Arepops)
- Mums will always be there when a cuddle is needed. (from Mummy Cat Notes)
- They’re always there to protect you no matter how naughty you are! (from Gemma Louise)
- Only mums have the special power of the ‘magic kiss’ that takes all hurt/ pain/ sadness away in an instant. (from Tales from Mamaville)
- A mother’s love for her children is completely unconditional (from Rice cakes and Raisins)
- Mum‘s are a child’s safe place as no matter what they do or say they know we will still adore them (Freddies Mummy UK)
- Only your own mummy knows when you need a cuddle, kiss or a tickle (From MyBump2Baby)
Mummy Its OK – You’re Doing Great!
Sign Up For Your FREE Self Care Guide For Mums!